STEM Educator Training Program
Teachers play an instrumental role in the successful implementation of the STEM programs. It is important to have well trained educators to deliver top class STEM curriculum in class.
Building on the existing teaching skills
CM Asia Learning work with the STEM experts from Robomatter Inc. to create a more relevant and comprehensive professional development program for teachers to extent their pedagogical repertoire and knowledge to deliver STEM education.
The continuous support provided in the programs will help teachers to develop themselves and stay at the forefront of the education sector.
What’s the training about?
CM Asia Learning’s STEM Educator Training Program includes:
- Face-to-face workshop
- A five-day workshop (eight hours a day), with teachers engaging in pre-workshop readings and post-workshop activities. The workshops are conducted by Master Trainers certified by Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy
- Synchronous activities
- Professional discussions through webinars
- Asynchronous activities
- Online discussions and forums
- Post Training Support
- Online community of practice hosted by Master Trainers
- Teacher certification from CMRA or CM Asia Learning
Who can attend?
We welcome anyone who are interested in pedagogy, open to new technologies and willing to learn.
Key dispositions or attitudes include:
- Willing to learn
- Flexible and adaptable
- Very organized
- Comfortable facilitating/guiding learning, rather than giving answers
- Comfortable using technology
- Able to think creatively, innovatively, likes to solve problems
- Comfortable with students learning at a faster pace than they may be used to with technology
- Able to utilize student expertise to help teach other student
- High tolerance in ambuigiuty
After the completion of the assessment tasks and upon meeting the requirement, teachers can attain either the STEM Educator Certification or the STEM Educator (GOLD) certification.
The certifications correspond to the respective levels of courses offered for different levels of the curriculums. Opportunities for STEM Educator to be the Master Trainer is only applicable for (GOLD) certified STEM Educator; selected by CM Asia Learning and Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy.